Save Day Kimball Healthcare
We are a coalition of community members who acted to reject the proposed acquisition of
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) by Covenant Health.
With your help and the assistance of the State of Connecticut we were successful.
Covenant Health withdrew its offer to acquire DKH.
Who are we now as we transition from challenge to cooperation?
• We still are a community coalition that is advocating to Save Day Kimball Healthcare
• We still want to assure that our community is served by a locally controlled, independent health care system
• We still expect that our healthcare system be responsive to community needs
• We still expect DKH to be an effective, efficient and quality provider of healthcare for our community
• We still expect that DKH be transparent and accountable to the community
We still want:
• Equitable access to care
• Focus on primary care, emergency care and the public health
• Engagement with the community
What will we do?
• Collaborate with other local, regional, state and national organizations to bring resources and benefits to DKH and our community
• Work to inform DKH about the needs and perspectives of members of the community
• Support efforts by community members to assist in the public health endeavors of DKH
You will see new plans, information, actions, and documents that will help you to continue your involvement, or become newly involved, in membership to save our Day Kimball Healthcare for us all.
Check this space and let us know if you want to join our coalition.
Contact: info@SaveDKH.org to get more information on our effort and to join the team
The Quiet Corner, NE Connecticut